Dr. Eleni Michailidis grew up in Whitestone, so the area has a special place in our hearts. As a result, our orthodontists make it a priority to offer support and involvement to the area surrounding Avenue Orthodontics. We encourage you to visit or call our orthodontic office in Whitestone, New York, to learn more about our team’s community involvement and service. Below are a few examples:
- We sponsor marble multi-subject notebooks, spiral-bound homework assignment planners, homework pocket folders, composition notebooks and more for kids at many nearby private schools including JHS 197 (Carr Junior High School); Primary Schools 159, 213, 94, 221, 79 and 194; Bell Academy; St. Mel’s Catholic Academy; Holy Cross Greek Orthodox school; St. Andrew Avellino Catholic School; Sacred Heart Catholic Academy; and St. Demtrios Greek American Academy.
- Dr. Eleni and Dr. Abraham have been Social Ambassadors for Columbia University College of Dental Medicine’s Giving Day since 2012.
- Dr. Eleni is a former Vice-President of the Columbia University Orthodontic Alumni Group.
- She is the current Medical Chair of the New York Metro Chapter of the Star Legacy Foundation.
- Dr. Abraham has been Vice President of the Smile Train, an organization that raises funds for surgeons who repair cleft lip and palate in underserved communities around the world.
- Dr. Abraham is the Vice President of Columbia University’s College of Dental Medicine Alumni Executive Committee.
- Dr. Abraham participated in a two-week dental mission trip to Jamaica, where he treated children and adults in schools and churches across the country who otherwise would not have had access to dental care
Other events and community sponsorships include: police pfficer safety coloring books for the areas of Greater Bayside, Greater Douglaston/Little Neck, North Flushing and Astoria, National Child ID kits (Greater Bayside), Bronx High School of Science S!NG 2018, and WE LOVE WHITESTONE.
To learn more about how our orthodontists and their team stay involved with the community, we invite you to contact our practice. We love giving back to those who make it possible for us to continue doing what we love!