To our Patients and Families,
We have been closely monitoring the progress of COVID-19 and have made the difficult decision to close our offices. This has been a challenging decision but we feel it’s the best thing to do for our orthodontic family: our patients, team, and community we serve. Flattening the curve through social distancing is most effective when done early and we urge our families to stay home.
The American Dental Association is currently recommending to suspend all non-emergency procedures for three weeks. However, this is a very fluid situation and advisories are changing on a daily basis. As soon as we can reopen, we will send a notice on social media and send out emails and text messages.
Some FAQs about orthodontic treatment during this time:
1) If you are currently wearing retainers, please continue to do so as directed at your last visit.
2) If you are in active treatment with aligners (Invisalign), please continue to wear them. We will mail out additional aligners to patients who run out during this time.
3) If you are in active fixed appliances (ie: braces) please continue to practice excellent oral hygiene. Use extra caution and follow the proper food restrictions to avoid broken brackets and poking wires.
4) If you have an expander, continue to turn as directed and stop at the number of turns you were told to at your last visit. DO NOT continue to turn the expander beyond that point.
5) If you are a new patient or have a consultation scheduled, we will contact you to set up a virtual consult instead.
*** If you have any questions about your or your child’s treatment, we will continue to answer our phones (516-484-0234) – Roslyn office, and (718-767-8400) – Whitestone office and will be available to our patients on an emergency basis. We will also be able to video conference as needed. You can also click here to schedule your online appointment today!
We are rescheduling all patients with appointments in the next 4 weeks. If we haven’t been able to connect with you yet, please call our office to reschedule.
We thank you for your understanding and loyalty. We’re all in this together and hope you and your families stay safe and healthy.
Drs. Grauer, Eleni, Abraham, and our Team