Meet Dr. Grauer
A Passion for Orthodontics
The practice of orthodontics brings balance to my life. It allows me to satisfy my need to be creative and artistic as well as interact with people and add to their lives. Changing smiles truly changes lives. Can you think of a better career?
Education & Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – State University of New York at Albany, 1976
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Maryland, 1980
- General Practice Residency – Beth Israel Medical Center, New York City, 1981
- Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Long Island Jewish Medical Center, 1984
- Master of Science in Orthodontics – Washington University at St. Louis, 1987
- Orthodontist In Charge – Schneider Children’s Hospital, 1987-1998
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics, 2005
I am a lifelong learner constantly seeking to expand my understanding, knowledge, and skills. Orthodontics is a field that involves continual developments in materials, techniques, and technologies. I spend in excess of 100 hours a year on continuing education. By staying abreast of the changes, I am able to ensure that my patients receive the highest level and quality of care possible.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Society
- Nassau County Dental Society
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity
- Phi Beta Kappa
I’m originally from Oceanside, Long Island, and have called Port Washington home for nearly 20 years. Away from work, I am most often found with my wife Karen, and children, Nina and Ethan, as well as our dog, Dexter. Being with my family and friends is important to me. I also enjoy working out, meditation, and restoring antiques.
Meet Dr. Grauer – Schedule Your Appointment Today!
To experience Dr. Grauer’s 5-star-rated orthodontic care, schedule your New Patient Smile Assessment today by calling 516-484-0234 to reach our Roslyn office, 718-767-8400 to reach our Whitestone office, or by clicking here. Your appointment includes a discussion of your goals, an in-depth exam, images, and a personalized treatment plan – a $450 value at zero cost to you!
As one of the premier orthodontic practices in Roslyn & Whitestone, NY, our orthodontist and team at Avenue Orthodontics also provide 5-star orthodontic care to patients from Port Washington, Manhasset (Plandome), East Hills, Flushing, College Point, Little Neck (Douglaston), Bayside, Westbury & Great Neck, NY & the surrounding areas.